Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A little more Morocco

One of the highlights for me was this beautiful pool! It was warm, shallow, and I spent every minute I could splashing around in it!We also spent the evenings here watching the World Cup- My Dad is sure I will be a soccer player when I get big enough.We went out on a camel ride in the Sahara Desert one day, which was perhaps the highlight of this adventure. For those of you that ride horses & think riding a camel is the same thing, think again ~ you don't have to get onto and off of a horse while it's lying down, and ride it while it attempts to stand up with your entire family on its back! After we managed to hold on while Capachino the camel stood up (we were practically falling off the thing, and Mom was about to end the adventure before it got started) I figured the hard part was over, and just kicked back to enjoy the ride. It was awesome! Capachino was a very good host, and the other camel carrying B & his family was also very sweet. We had a great time & laughed really hard, until it came time to get off...it was harder than getting on. Capachino bends his front legs to kneel & dad falls into Mom, and Mom falls into me & then all three of us are about to roll down the front of Capachino, phew, and then he gets onto his back knees too, and we are able to climb down without any injuries.

We also took a day trip to a former capitol of Morocco, and on the way we came across some goats that were very creative when it came to accessing the highest (and I guess most tasty) berry's & leaves
The Medena, or wall around the city. It was a cool place & my parents bought some real camel (or dromida) skin treasures from the market here.Somehow, I wasn't yet tired enough from all the adventures, so I ran through the courtyard like a crazy animal once we were back at our hotel.And finally I got tired, so Dad took me back to the hotel & he went out to find dinner for us after an exhausting day... Guess what he brought back?...Somehow he found a McDonald's, and we all relished the unexpected treat, after living on couscous, camel meat & olives for weeks!Yum! Thank you Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like once you made it to Morocco you all had a wonderful time with a lot of exciting and beautiful things to see and enjoy. Beckett and Elle must have been the two cutest kids there. It is wonderful that they you are able to make such wonderful memories together and share them with us, we love your blog. Love Nana & Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back on the trip makes it seem totally fun and exciting. Glad that we will remember it that way. Thanks for posting more pics!

    ReplyDelete